- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4-6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 8 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 oz dried ho fun/wide rice noodles
- chives or green onions, cut into 1 inch sections
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
Bring a large pot of water up to a boil and cook the rice noodles 1 minute less that what the package calls for.
While the rice noodles are cooking, heat up the butter over medium heat in a large skillet or frying pan. When hot, add the garlic and cook, stirring, until soft but not brown. Add the shrimp and cook until pink and cooked through, flipping once.
Whisk in the soy sauce and 1/4 cup of the starchy noodle cooking water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
Drain the rice noodles and add to the pan with the shrimp. Toss to combine, taste and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the chives and enjoy!